Frequently Asked Questions (AAU National Championships, LOCAL officials only)
1. How much do I get for officiating AAU basketball games?
$25.00/game except for the 14u boys which is $20/game for a 3 person crew.
2. Will Elite Sports Group or AAU provide lodging for my stay in Orlando while I am officiating?
No, but AAU has set up a special rate at some of the area hotels. Check our website AAU Nationals lodging for lodging information
3. Will I be paid a travel fee for miles traveled to and from Orlando?
4. How many games can I expect to work a day?
3-4 day depending upon the number of games each day
5. What is the required uniform?
Black/white striped shirt with no association patches, long black pants and black shoes.
6. Are there membership dues for joining Elite Sports Group?
Yes, $35 is withheld from your first paycheck for AAU membership and Arbiter maintenance.
7. What time do games start and finish each day?
Every day is a little different, but generally the games start @ 8:30 AM and the last game starts @ 9 PM
8. Will I have to pay to enter or park at the Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex?
Official credentials will be provided for use during the summer.
9. How good is the basketball during AAU National Championships?
Depending on the age group, these athletes are considered the best in the country and have qualified to play in the AAU National Championships.
10. How will I know my scheduled games?
If you are selected to work, your name will be added to the Arbiter.net and you will receive your assignments via email.
11. When is payroll completed?
Payroll is completed approximately 7 days after each tournament.
12. What rules are used for each tournament?
Girls - NCAA/High School Women rules are used
Boys - NFHS high school rules
Check our website AAU rules for rules differences
13. Are ALL games played at the Wide World of Sports Complex?
No, there are 12 courts at the Wide of Sports Complex and we use approximately 15 local high schools in the south Orlando area.